I’m in love with sweets! Can’t seem to stop eating them completely BUT THIS (and my shakeology of course lol) have saved me from caving in and having a big bowl of ice cream lol!
If you like the texture of tapioca pudding then you will love this healthy chocolate version 🙂
Why Chia SEEDS??
Chia seeds have SOOOOO many nutrients in them… in just one single ounce they are packed with:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
These chia seeds are literally a super food!! Can you say that you ever ate a super-food pudding before???? NOW YOU CAN! 🙂
Here is the AMAZING and EASY (I always make things simple!) recipe for this wonderful dessert<3
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 6T. chocolate ovaltine powder or cocoa powder
- 2 T pure maple syrup
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- a dash of salt
- 3 cups cut, fresh strawberries (for topping. not needed right away!)
- Mix all ingredients (except the strawberries) into a bowl until well blended. Let stand at room temperature for 30mins!
- Refrigerate covered for minimum of 4hrs. Can stir occasionally if desired.
- Divide into single serve dishes and top with strawberries